CPA's membership is open to hospitals, universities, medical schools, and cultural institutions. It includes some of the largest employers and energy users in New York State. According to Crain's New York Business, four of CPA's current member hospitals are among the 25 largest hospitals in New York, all of which are also among the 5 largest hospital systems. According to Crain's New York Business, two CPA member hospitals are among New York's 5 largest employers. The following is a list of current CPA members:
- Columbia University Medical Center
- Fordham University
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Mount Sinai Health System
- New York Presbyterian Hospital
- New York University
- NYU Langone Medical Center
CPA members are part of the education and health services sectors which, according to the New York State Department of Labor, account for 944,600 of New York City's employment. Collectively our members have over $21.7 billion in annual expenditures. CPA members spend over $199 million on energy each year including $128 million (64%) on electricity.
If you are interested in becoming a CPA member: Download the CPA membership application.
Years of experience have proven that participation in key regulatory and legislative decisions pays back faster than most energy efficiency upgrades. CPA offers:
- The opportunity to have complex issues communicated in plain English
- Representation in PSC and NYISO proceedings as well as utility negotiations
- A chance to have your voice heard
- Monthly meetings which offer information and insight into important utility and energy
- Assistance in communicating energy issues to upper management
- LA Confidential, a quarterly newsletter on timely energy issues
- Professional networking opportunities
CPA's seat at the table places it on the forefront of important energy cost issues. CPA intervenes on behalf of non-profit consumers before decisions are made that impact your energy bill. Without us to represent consumers, the generators, ESCOs, and utilities, will shape energy policy to their advantage, resulting in an ongoing escalation of energy rates. We urge you to join CPA and help reduce your energy costs.
Please take a moment to review our brochure.