Awards & Certifications
Founded in 1994, Luthin Associates has been a well-established business within the energy management services industry for more than 20 years. Among the staff, we have more than 150 years' collective experience. Aside from our many years of experience which helped us become experts within the industry, we have also received awards and certifications making us more qualified to provide professional energy management services to our clients.
Luthin Associates' President and Founder, Catherine Luthin, has been honored to receive the following awards for her success in the industry:
- Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) New York Energy Service Professional of the Year Award (2002)
- AEE International Energy Service Professional of the Year Award (2004)
She has also participated in the following committees and focus groups to share her energy expertise:
- Mayor Bloomberg's New York City Energy Task Force, comprised of 16 leading energy experts in the private, public and nonprofit sectors (2004-2014)
- Co-chair of the Steam Economic Development Task Force for Con Edison (2005)
- Assisted Con Edison's Hybrid Cooling Program Advisory Group (2006-2007)
- Advisory committee member of NYSERDA's Combined Heat and Power (CHP) project team studying CHP opportunities in New York State hospitals (2010)
- NYC 80x50 Energy Supply Focus Group, which intends to reduce New York City's greenhouse gas emissions by 80% by 2050 (2016-2017)
Luthin Associates as a firm has received the following awards and certifications which further displays our qualifications as a business and within the energy field:
- Anchin Awards:
- Outstanding Advocacy Award for Women and Minority Business Enterprises (2013)
- Outstanding MWBE (2012)
- Diversity Business Awards:
- Top 100 Women Owned Businesses in New Jersey (2011, 2012 & 2016)
- Top 100 Privately-held Businesses in New Jersey (2011, 2012 & 2016)
- Top Small Businesses in the United States by Diversity Business (2006-2013)
- Top Emerging Businesses in the United States (2014)
- Top 50 Women Owned Businesses in New Jersey (2016)
- Top 500 Women Owned Businesses in the United States (2016)
- Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) Certifications:
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Certified Energy Auditor (CEA)
- Certified Energy Procurement Professional (CEP)
- Certified Sustainable Development Professional (CSDP)
Aside from our own achievements within the energy industry, we have received recognition for assisting clients and industry partners in achieving their energy goals, including:
- Recognition for our success with the NYSERDA Technical Assistance Study for Columbia University to improve the University's energy management plan and fuel management strategies. The dual fuel strategy is estimated to save Columbia University approximately $1.9 million in annual energy costs.
- Acknowledgement for our success in spearheading the Technical Assistance studies for all three NY Presbyterian campuses and identifying appropriate energy conservation measures providing more than $1.8 million in NY Energy Smart Program incentives.
- On February 20, 2013 the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) awarded New York-Presbyterian Hospital (NYPH) / Weill Cornell Medical Center along with four other organizations with the 2013 Energy Star Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Award for their efforts to reduce emissions that threaten public health while increasing energy reliability and efficiency. Luthin Associates was extensively involved in the preparation of the cogeneration feasibility study for this system.