CPA's impact has been substantial, saving over $91 million for our members since 2000, including more than $136 million from the Recharge NY, Bio-medical BIR and Power for Jobs program. CPA has successfully represented our members in the following regulatory matters:
- Recommended changes to Con Edison interruptible gas notification procedures that were acknowledged by Con Edison as a primary reason for an increase in compliance.
- Helped ensure the success of energy deregulation for both electric and gas by actively participating in the development of the retail access rules.
- Intervened in every Con Edison and Keyspan electric, steam and gas rate case since its inception. Prior to CPA, Catherine Luthin was an intervener as far back as 1994.
- Ensured a phase-in of the standby rates for co-generation to minimize the financial impact and promote the development of co-generation.
- Participated in the development of the Power for Jobs economic development discount program.
- Participated in the development of the NYISO program that mitigates market power abuses in wholesale electric markets.
- Convinced Con Edison of the importance of the Biomedical Business Incentive Rate (BIR) for Non-profit Biomedical Research. This is the only fully subscribed BIR segment.
- Participated in establishing a gas energy efficiency incentive with Con Edison.
- Contributed to the refinement of Con Edison's Rider Y that avoided electric distribution costs.
- Ensured that that Indian Point II refunds were distributed to ratepayers.
- Designed the first demand response program in New York State. This program was adopted by Con Edison and later used by the NYISO for its statewide program.